Friday, March 27, 2015

March 2nd 2015

This week has been a crazy week. We are really starting to find some success! It has taken awhile for things to start going, but they finally are! Elder Kurth and I have been praying everyday specifically for our less actives and investigators and things are starting to roll. Around 7 people stop going outside. Haha I don't know what it is. But around here there is nobody to talk to after dinner. So we always try to schedule member lessons and when that doesn't work we just go parking lot contacting! Haha we seriously go sit at Target and harass people that don't want to talk to us. But one day I was super bummed and was like yo this sucks, lets go get drinks. Haha so we went to the gas station, I bought a sweet straw hat, and found 4 new potential investigators! Haha it was insane! One of them is even taking us to dinner on Wednesday. Haha soo, good things are happening. (:

I need to start writing down like the highlights of my week because when it comes time to write people I have no idea what I did! Haha the days just merge together and I cant remember when stuff happened. So I guess ill just start rambling about things that pop in my head. Haha I went on exchanges with one of the AP's this week. This is the second time I have been on exchanges with him. He is super cool, and hes is from Idaho. It is crazy how wise the AP's are. I admire them! Its hard for me to even be around them because they are such good missionaries! But its always a good time. We had a couple lessons that went awesome! We even got a guy in our ward to base everything he said in his testimony about the message we shared at his home after dinner. I like to share a Mormon message and then just talk about it. It makes for a really easy message. Haha So we shared "Earthly Father, Heavenly Father" (The guy that directed it is from Idaho! Haha he also directed Napoleon Dynamite!) It is sooo good! I recommend watching it! If you haven't already. But it hits you hard, even if you don't have any kids. Haha annnnd your on a mission..

On Thursday we did some service on the beach! I guess the waters in Baja are to warm so the Red Tail Crab all moved up here and then they all died and washed up on shore. So we got some rakes and shovels and cleaned up 2 tons of crab. Haha it was crazy! The people there are so rich and stuck up it blows my mind! But once and awhile we would have someone stop and thank us for cleaning up all their beaches. It stunk so bad!

We got to go to the temple this week! It was so cool! The temple here is beautiful! It is pretty small, but its incredible! There is a sweet story behind it! I guess the people here really wanted a temple but the church wasn't going to make one. So the people here decided they would pay for the whole thing if they could make one. Haha so I guess the church said if they can always keep it busy and get as many people as possible to donate then they could make a temple! I guess there was a guy here that asked if he could pay for the whole thing. Haha people are so rich here its disgusting.

We had a golden referral this week! We got a text telling us to call this lady, so we did. And she told us that she knows the church is true! She said that she asked a guy for a blessing a few years ago and ever since she has known the church is true. And now she is finally ready and willing to make the change. We have a lesson with her on Wednesday, so keep her in your prayers!

I don't have much else to say. Haha the church is still true. Don't ever forget it.

Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment