Friday, March 27, 2015

February 23rd 2015

Not the most productive week to be honest! Haha we have been working hard! But we just haven't seen much success out of our less actives/contacting. The people just aren't really willing to talk to us, which is fine! Haha its kinda fun most of the time either way! Like we visited a DNC (Do not contact) the other day and she just chewed us out for like 5 minutes! Haha it was so bad! And she was like I have asked you guys 40 times not to ever come back. So we explained to her that if she wants us to stop coming then she has to contact the bishop and get her named removed from the church. So we gave her MOST of the bishops number.. (: Right after that we tried to visit another lady that lives in the same complex as her named June Crane. She was explained to us as a "sickly old grump" She wasn't there, so we just left and didn't think much of it. When we left we contacted a sickly old grump and got her to talk to us for a minute. And then when we asked her what her name was she said June. Haha so we were like Yo! We are in here to visit a June Crane! Is your last name Crane? And right when we asked she instantly nodded her head no like a crazy lady, turned around and like sprinted away! Haha so even the bad times are usually pretty good times. (:

We had a Zone Conference this week! It was sooo good! It spiritually fed me up for the week. Haha so im starting to hunger again for that now! Haha so we are going to work extra hard this week to find something to satisfy us. Most of the meeting was about choosing to be offended and choosing to be mad. It has been super hard for me not to be offended with everything that happens out here. Because we will visit 25 names and not one of them will give us the time of day. Or we will go contact for a few hours and not have one religion based conversation and the second we try to they bounce! Ha so its pretty easy to get offended. But what I learned from the conference is that being offended is a choice. And being mad is a choice. And once you can learn that/live by that it makes the "Big deals" not seem so big. I have been studying patience a lot lately. In the end of Alma 32 it talks about being patient and I related it to my situation. Being a missionary everyone thinks you are suddenly more wise and smarter and know how to be a missionary! Haha but it is nothing like that! I am lost as a missionary! I get super mad at myself all the time for sucking! And about not knowing anything. I have been praying with all my heart to help me gain that confidence. And I think that zone conference was an answer to my prayers. I think that choosing to be mad can apply to yourself as well. I have been choosing to get upset with myself when there is nothing I can do about it. I just have to be patient and know that it all comes with time.

I hope all that made sense! Thoughts pop in and out of my head like crazy now days and just hope it makes sense! Haha

Not a whole lot of time this week so I'll wrap up here!! the church is true, the book is blue, we have a lot of work to do! I pray for you guys all the days and hope everything is dope as chill! the Lord loves yall and so do I.

 
Elder Holman


      Justin at Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment